Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Labor (Day) Of Love

The past two days have been...hectic...to say the least.

 I, being delusional about early morning wake ups, decided that we should totally do the NFL Play 60 Kid's run. It was the Seahawks 1/2 mile race around CenturyLink field that ended inside the stadium at the 50 yard line. Boom- you had me at Seahawks.

I signed the boys up (H was too young) back in June and it seemed like an awesome idea. The race was at 11 AM so if we left here at 9-ish we'd get there just fine. And then, they moved the start time to 10 AM. And then Jonathan freaked out about the "holiday" traffic. And then we were up at 5:30 AM leaving by 6:30 AM. My plans were foiled.

But alas, I was up at 5:30 (even though I went to bed at 1AM) and even though my blow-dryer stopped working (turns out I was so tired that I was changing the heat setting, not the on/off setting) we were out of the door by 6:45. Jonathan was a hot mess because we were leaving "so late". Anyhoo, turns out people don't actually have to go to work on Labor Day so there was NO traffic. Absolutely none. We probably saw maybe 50 cars total, obviously savvy shoppers on their way to sales. So we rolled up to CenturyLink at 8:15. Oh, did I mention he didn't want to stop for coffee because we might hit traffic? He wasn't the only hot mess in the car.

Harper just looked like a hot mess. I actually was one though.
Once we were there though, the Seahawk adrenaline kicked in. I LOVE CenturyLink field, it's like my own version of blue meth. It's addicting and I'm willing to spend all of our money to get there. Jonathan gets it too. We're junkies.

Seriously cute little SeaGal. 

Yeah, we were THIS early that we took pictures with no one around. 

Speaking of Blue Meth, we found our own Walt. Walter Jones...NFL Hall of Famer WALTER JONES. Jonathan practically peed his pants. Thatcher, not so much. Coopie was terrified of the giant. Harper though, she lost her shoe she was so excited to meet him.

And then I managed to get a picture with all of the kids! I ran the race with H on my back, just like this. 

And Jonathan, still high from his Jones encounter, even allowed for a picture.

Someone was starting to get impatient and grumpy though. 
This guy was too, but his was from excitement. Thatch went up to the 8 year old section while Coop, Harps and I hung back in the 4 year old section. Coop was pissed about that. 

And here's us post race. I literally ran the 1/2 mile with H on my back. Stupid. Not doing that again.

Cooper showing off his medal.

And some post race refreshments. 
After the race we all went and had lunch with our favorite server at Redhook, Auntie B! But I forgot to take a picture. Jonathan had one too many with lunch and I had to drive home. while he napped in the passenger seat. I don't know how I made it, there was a brief nap at a rest stop but when we pulled into the driveway I got out of the car, opened the front door and went up to bed. Rip Van Winkle managed the kids while I recouped from "Labor" Day.

The next morning was the 1st day of school!! Thank God, after Monday I needed a break.
H needed in on the action too.

2nd Grade. How is that possible?

Coopie is calling this year Pre-Garten. 
Running to get Thatch to school.

And then thwarted by Mom's attempt to take pictures outside of the school.

Thatcher's school mascot is the Gnomes. And this is the new Principal. He's a keeper. Enough said.

I caught this when he thought I wasn't looking. Hello, old friends :)

Thatcher and his new teacher, Mrs. Young.
 And then it was Coopie's turn! It was a short, get to know you, kind of day for pre-school. He's the upper- class man this year so he showed everyone how to roll.
Making our hand print for the Kissing Hand lesson. 

Teacher Charlene and all the Kid/Mom combos.

Rug time :)

 Right, like I'd get a day off. I woke up at 6 AM, painted these chalkboard numbers/letters, made breakfast, made lunches, drove everyone around, did the photo shoot and made it home in time to do the dishes, eat lunch for myself and then pick T up. I need to get a job, this Homemaker gig is rough.

I'm sending the computer away this afternoon so there won't be any blogs for a while until we get it back or possibly get a new one. Either way, you guys are used to it since I often forget to do posts! See, I was just preparing you.

See ya later alligators,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment