Friday, February 20, 2015

Rumpshakers and Dancing Queens

Tonight was the Geneva Elementary School's first school dance,AKA "Gnomes in Paradise". I'm sorry, I am unashamed when I say I LOVE the Gnome mascot. If it's good enough for Travelocity, it's good enough for the Yarsleys.

We loaded into the car and were driving towards the school, not even out of our neighborhood yet, Thatcher says out loud "I just can't believe we're doing this. <Dramatic Pause> Dancing is not my talent, Mom."  Insert Coopie's adorable squeaky voice here "It's my talent. I love to dance." We're going to work with him on being reassuring and comforting, it's not his talent I guess.

We rolled into the dance all Ganster and ready to get our groove on. I mean, like seriously...Thatcher skipped in and Harpie hopped. I said my hellos to my fellow PTA Moms, grabbed our glow in the dark necklaces (Geneva Party Theory: Go big or go home) and we were dancing!

Here's the thing. Thatcher is a straight up liar. Dancing IS his thing. He had no fear or inhibition. Literally, he was off and shaking his groove thing. Harper, found a balloon and was in HEAVEN and Cooper found a bunch of his pre-school possy so he was stoked too. I found a sassy mom friend to hang out with and we settled in for a good time.

In general, Friday nights for us are all Tino's pizza, loose fitting jammies and a movie. You wouldn't have thought it though, the Yarsleys partied hard tonight. Pictorial Evidence supports this statement, see below.

Exhibit 1:
I'd be lying, like Thatcher, to say that walking in didn't catch me off guard and I caught a little lump in my throat. You know, like "Wow, we're doing this already?" But then it got fun and my little people started dancing together.
Exhibit 2:
Here is Harper dancing with Thatcher's 1st grade teacher Mrs. Peterson. Dear Lord, please let her by H's teacher too!

Exhibit 3:
Here's Coopie the Rumpshaker. He was right, dancing is his talent. :)
Exhibit 4:
See, I have Mom friends. Well, maybe you can't see but trust me, they're real.
Exhibit 5:
And here's our photo booth strip. Yes, our school is that epic.

Video Evidence:
And here's a ditty with Harper being the Dancing Queen she is. Oh man, you should have seen her when they played Let It Go. It was like a firework went off in her brain and exploded as an expression on her little face.

Afterwards we cleaned up, as is only respectful to do and we came home. The kids were on a twitterpated high, they all said it was the best night of their lives (so we don't have to ever go to Disneyland again I suppose). And then they were out...like fast. Like so fast I was able to blog the actual night of an event. We should go clubbing every Friday night!

I hope you enjoyed :D I "plan" to keep up with the shenanigans in the blog but you know how I roll. I'm just Gansta like that.

XOXO,
S

P.S. There is a definite downside to this dance though. I don't want to move schools, we LOVE it at Geneva! This makes house buying a bit more complicated. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment